Monday, January 17, 2011

Remembrance of Things Past


Madeleines. The inspiration for this classic novel by Marcel Proust. I don't think I've ever had a madeleine before, but now after attempting to read this classic for the fourth time I feel I must. Yes, it is my fourth attempt. The book has been in my possession for 2 weeks now and I've managed to get to page 35. Why do I do this to myself??? 
Marcel is intriguing and annoying. He is long winded and inspiring. 
He is a contradiction.
 He is fascinating. 

"Will it ultimately reach the clear surface of my consciousness, this memory, this old, dead moment which the magnetism of the identical moment has traveled so far to importune, to disturb, to raise up out of the very depths of my being?
 I cannot tell."
page 35.

No comments:

Post a Comment